Skip to main content

Meet Mocosa!

コニチワ! Hola!


About myself:
Je m'appelle Stephanie Juarez from the state of Oregon, Eastern Oregon. Oregon is known for being green and being home of the Nike shoe as it was created there.  
My family consist of my mother, Eva.
My sister, Mayra, who is 18 and attends Oregon State University.
My sister, Fernanda, who is in middle school.
My brother, Fernando, who is a second grader.
My baby brother, Maurisio, who is going to turn 4 in 2 days!
And myself.
Soy la mayor de los cinco.

I am bilingual in Spanish and English, but am very interested in learning other languages.  Je suis vingt-deux, 21. Je suis Américain et Mexicain.
I was involved with 4-H in high school and still volunteer on my free time.
Some of my hobbies include reading, sleeping, listening to music, playing a card game called Magic: The Gathering, and asking Como se dice…? To learn new words in different languages. Estoy bien afortunada en poder estar en Japon como internada. I hope to acquire a lot during my stay in Japan and then be able to take it home and share it with anyone willing to listen.

Welcomed to Nihon:
My host family consist of mama, papa, an older sister, and a younger sister. Durante los meses que vienen seré la hermana de enmedio. Esto será una experiencia diferente. Mi familia es muy amable y linda. También son muy pacientes conmigo en aprendiendo japones.


During my first weekend here I attended different Hippo activities with my host mother and younger sister. They had me introduce myself in nihongo as well as my other native languages. Usually at home I would get super shy and just sit stuff like this out. Here everyone is very welcoming and everyone was participating that I actually wanted to go up and share.


Food and People:
Shortly after arriving my host family took me out to eat, sushi of course. This type of sushi was quite different from what I experienced back home. Nihon no subete ga totemo kawaīdesu.

There is no better thing to bring people together than food. Everyone LOVES food!!
Pues la comida en Japón es muy rica y muy diferente a lo que yo estoy acostumbrada. Aquí todo tiene como un sabor a dulce. Y lo que ellos consideran picante es muy diferente. En los estados unidos a todo le echamos sal y con la comida mexicana a todo se le hecha salsa. I'm excited to try new foods and to learn how to make some.

Hasta Luego. Sayonara!M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sama Otsukare!!

Sama お疲れさまですした! 韓国の文化おしえてくれて감사합니다!! Nos vemos en cualquier parte del world!👋💫 Wait for the last Sama blog very soon!  サマのラストーのブログ待って下さい!!👐 Sama,いってらっしゃい!

Michael- Arrival in Japan

Arrival In Japan What an experience! I'm Michael Gobin. I will be the 2009-2010 LEX Intern in the Tokyo Office. LEX America has been telling you a lot about me, so I won't take a lot of space on introductions. I will be contributing to this blog a couple times a month over the next year. However, my mentor here in the office is gone on a multi-country adventure for the next week, so I will be spending those days contributing more often. I'll try to paint a picture of what my first few days in Japan have been like. Even though I spent 14 hours on a plane headed to Japan. It wasn't until I took those first steps off the plane that it hit me like I walked through a curtain that I was in Japan. First of all, it was immediately warmer. Kana went from being an equal language in places where it mattered, to everywhere with English only as a back-up in the important areas. Most importantly though, I became completely illiterate and that's when I knew the adventure h...

Jess- Half Way

Half Way The arrival of March marks my halfway point through my Year-Long stay in Japan. In the past six months I have made more language discoveries than I am even aware of. Japanese, Thai, and Korean have started sneaking their way into my dreams at night and are invading my thoughts throughout the day. It's a transformation that I didn't consiously make but one that comes with the nature of being in this language rich environment I call home. In the past 6 months I have had countless opportunities to meet people from all over the world and all over Japan. Recently I gave a presentation at an elementary school where students from Thailand, Korea, and England participated in our activity. At the end of the school visit, the guy from Korea came up to me and asked "nan nen gurai nihon ni imasuka?" "how many years have you lived in Japan?" Although it is a fairly simple question, I was thrilled at the way it was worded. At the time he asked me that, I ...