Skip to main content

Danielle- Hiroshima

Hiroshima Family Reunion


My job here is steadily coming to a close... I can't believe it.

July has been another emotional one for me. Many of my exchange student friends and those I've been coaching have gone back home after their year-long exchange in Japan. Said "goodbyes" and "see you again soons" to them at the airport this past Monday. So for the remainder of my time here, I'll be interning alone until next year's intern comes late August (right before I leave). ...Still can't believe I'll be coming home soon...

Anyways! Sentiments aside, I made one last long-anticipated trip to go visit family in Hiroshima!! It was short, but sweet. I went by nightbus this time (was an adventure, to be sure - maybe got 5 hours of sleep on the 14-hour trip) and arrived the next morning at about 8AM.

Needless to say, it was a wonderful family reunion!! Got to meet my little brother and sister, who me and my family hosted waaaay back (like 6 years ago), and I was glad to find that they hadn't changed a bit! They've all gotten so big, and I'm so glad we kept in touch so that I could meet them again during my one year here. I was able to fit into their family just as cozily as they fit into mine - Hiroshima is soooo lovely!

The weather was PERFECT because they live in middle of a mountain area, which kept us all pretty cool for the most part. The mountain scenery was absolutely lovely, by the way~ We did some sightseeing together (like visiting Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and Miyajima), had lots of really great meals together (like Hiroshima-styled okonomiyake), did lots of shopping and purikura, but favorite thing was watching scary movies with my siblings until 2AM. Felt just like the good old days~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sama Otsukare!!

Sama お疲れさまですした! 韓国の文化おしえてくれて감사합니다!! Nos vemos en cualquier parte del world!👋💫 Wait for the last Sama blog very soon!  サマのラストーのブログ待って下さい!!👐 Sama,いってらっしゃい!

こんにちはトゥーイです!From Thailand!

👋 เดือนสิงหาคม 2018  August 2018 8月 こんにちはタイからトゥーイです!✌ 今から1か月前日本に来た!とせんぶはすごい! เริ่มต้นด้วยการไป nature camp ที่นากาโนะ ได้นั่งรถไฟชินคังเซ็นเป็นครั้งแรก รู้สึกตื่นเต้นเอามากๆ พอถึงที่นากาโนะก็ต้องนั่งรถบัสต่อก่อนจะถึงที่พัก ได้มองเห็นวิวภูเขาที่ไม่เคยเห็นอีกด้วย มาแคมป์ครั้งนี้ได้เจอกับคนมากมาย ได้เพื่อนเป็นคนต่างชาติหลากหลายคนอย่างที่ไม่เคยคิดว่าจะเป็นไปได้ด้วย(ฮ่า) ที่แคมป์มีการแบ่งกลุ่มกันทำกิจกรรม ฉันได้อยู่กลุ่ม5 ทุกคนน่ารักมากๆ ใจดีกับฉัน เข้ามาคุยกับฉันทั้งๆที่ภาษาแตกต่างกัน แต่ทุกคนก็พยายามพูดภาษาอังกฤษที่ไม่ถนัด รู้สึกซาบซึ้งในใจเลย นอกจากจะได้เพื่อนแล้วยังได้ไปปีนเขา ไปปีนโขดหินตามแม่น้ำ เป็นประสบการณ์ใหม่ที่ตื่นเต้นและประทับใจสุดๆค่ะ Nature Camp make me a lot of friends. I'm happy to be everybody's friend.  And Nature Camp make me feel happy and excited when I standing in Nature. This photo, I take it while walking to park and Kenashi-Yama一番楽しかった. きれいな~!!💫 และในเดือนนี้ฉันก็ได้เริ่มทำขนมปังเองเป็นครั้งแรก(ทำกับโฮสพ่อ) เป็นขนมปังปอด์นธรรมดา และ

¡Ya me voy a mi casita en Oregon!

お母さん, お父さん お父さんがめちゃやさしい  いつもはモコサ大丈夫とかモコサ食べた? *Warning* There is too much, I mean muchisimas, things to talk about in 11 months of living in Japan. This is just a small reflection of it. (: Ya ha pasado 11 meses!! Y no me la creo que rápido pasaron. 本当にはやい。さきではめちゃたいへんとチャレンジ!だけど頑張ってるとnot give up so quickly がめちゃいい。皆さんありがとうございました、めちゃやさしとあえてうれした。一番好きことは皆のあえてた! En una a ñ o se puede aprender mucho. Pero en un ano en otro pais aprendes mucho de todo, incluso de ti mismo. Los muchachos jovenes me inspiraron en ser mas estudiosa y acabar la escuela. La gente mayor me ense ñ o en ser mas humilde y de disfrutar lo del alrededor. La gente de hippo me ense ñ o que no importa de donde seas o que idioma hables somos humanos. So with this in mind I recommend you take a moment of your time and acknowledge the people around you. Enjoy their company, listen to there stories, and learn from them. Everyone has something to teach and we can all learn from one another. Don’t be af