Skip to main content

Danielle- Saitama

Saitama


Hey, everybody! So these past few weeks have been an exciting, emotional few weeks.

First of all, I moved! As much as I loved Yachiyo, Chiba and the host family I stayed with, it was time to move on (rule as an intern is to change host families every 3 months). Now, I'm living in Okegawa, Saitama, and though it's only been a few days, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT HERE, TOO! Veerrrry country here, complete with gravel roads, rice fields surrounding the neighborhood, frogs croaking all night, and the nearest train station being a 45 minute walk away. It's definitely a great fit for me. And my new host family has been wonderful to me. Again, I've been so lucky. :)


That was the exciting part. The emotional part involves a really good friend of mine (who's been my interning partner these past 8 months) returning back to Mexico. He only has one week left here in Japan, and I know I'm really gonna miss him a lot. Thanks for the good times, Miguel!! I'll see you in Mexico!


So... I guess that's that for this blog post. Lots going on to keep my mind occupied lately. Having such a great partner and friend leave me so soon reminds me how fast time is going by, and how I, too, will be heading back to America soon. But I try not to think about leaving, because there is still so much I want to do, and so many people I want to meet while I'm here! Thusfar, it's been an absolute dream-come-true being here, being able to do the work that I do, and help out in the ways that I can. It's been a great experience, and I hope for the best these next 3 months. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sama Otsukare!!

Sama お疲れさまですした! 韓国の文化おしえてくれて감사합니다!! Nos vemos en cualquier parte del world!👋💫 Wait for the last Sama blog very soon!  サマのラストーのブログ待って下さい!!👐 Sama,いってらっしゃい!

Hayley- Quick Update

Quick update Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers; this afternoon I made it back to my host family's house. Getting ready to head to bed after a very long day (didn't go to bed last night, but managed to get a 3 hour nap this morning).  

Maddie- ごちそうさま - Eating Well

ごちそうさま - Eating Well Signs advertising  shirasu , tiny fish famous in Kamakura Today I would like to discuss a topic that is near and dear to my heart...food culture. It`s well known among my friends and family--and heck, probably anyone that I`ve had a substantial conversation with--I absolutely LOVE food. I love cooking, I love eating, I love talking about food, and I love talking about food WHILE eating food...It`s a subject that I never tire of! So naturally, it makes sense that I would hold interest in Japan`s food culture. When I came back in August, I brought with me a desire to taste and learn. Not only did I hope to sample a wide variety of Japanese cuisine, but also to try my own hand at preparing a variety of dishes. Part of the requirements for my visa is some sort of cultural learning. For this reason, American interns are expected to select an aspect of Japanese culture to study. Naturally, I had selected food. In order to fulfill this requirement, I ...