Skip to main content

Danielle- Fuji Gasshuku

Fuji Gasshuku


Since I had the opportunity to attend another neat gasshuku, I reeeeally want to show you some pics I took while at a camp at Mt. Fuji. :D

Actually, it was optional to go as an intern, but I'm sooo glad I went! I had a blast!!


I also met with the other intern from Mexico, other year-long exchange students, and some friends from LEX/Hippo. Pictures of the madness included - the gymnasium was PACKED with people!


One of the cool things we all got to do was get up eaaarly in the morning and take a trek up to a Mt. Fuji viewpoint to watch the sunrise. It was super amazing to watch - slowly but surely, starting from the tippy-top, Mt. Fuji started to turn pink! Hard to describe how beautiful it was, so here, have some pictures.


Most of the camp was actually indoors, but during my break time, I did lots of walking. I found some trails and followed them for a while, taking pictures and enjoying the scenery. The landscape around Fuji was a huge 180 twist compared to the loud and busy Tokyo.


During my walk, I also had a mini pillowfight (me outside the window, and them inside their shared room) with these cuties.


And then, when I passed by the boys rooms, I caught a few boys peeping out, so I played hide and seek with them a bit with my camera. Lots of fun. :)


Also, in the morning, I found the most frost I'd ever seen since coming to Japan. Thought it was super pretty, so I took some pictures. As a side note, Japan definitely doesn't get as cold or snowy as it does back in Illinois, so I was super happy to find some white this winter.


Another thing that really took my breath away was a meditation room I stumbled upon. It was a tiny little hut-like building from the outside, but on the inside, it was like a mini church with a beautiful overlook of Mt. Fuji. Absolutely gorgeous. Because I still had some time on my hands before camp activities started back up again, I sat down and did some thinking.


I won't get too mushy here or anything, but it was just a really cool experience and I thought I'd share it all with you. :D

That, and I just reeeally wanted to show you some of my Fuji photos. :>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sama Otsukare!!

Sama お疲れさまですした! 韓国の文化おしえてくれて감사합니다!! Nos vemos en cualquier parte del world!👋💫 Wait for the last Sama blog very soon!  サマのラストーのブログ待って下さい!!👐 Sama,いってらっしゃい!

Michael- Arrival in Japan

Arrival In Japan What an experience! I'm Michael Gobin. I will be the 2009-2010 LEX Intern in the Tokyo Office. LEX America has been telling you a lot about me, so I won't take a lot of space on introductions. I will be contributing to this blog a couple times a month over the next year. However, my mentor here in the office is gone on a multi-country adventure for the next week, so I will be spending those days contributing more often. I'll try to paint a picture of what my first few days in Japan have been like. Even though I spent 14 hours on a plane headed to Japan. It wasn't until I took those first steps off the plane that it hit me like I walked through a curtain that I was in Japan. First of all, it was immediately warmer. Kana went from being an equal language in places where it mattered, to everywhere with English only as a back-up in the important areas. Most importantly though, I became completely illiterate and that's when I knew the adventure h...

Hayley- The Week in Review

The Week in Review Looking back over my first week in Japan, there's quite a lot I could say. On Tuesday and Wednesday I was able to experience normal days of office work. Right now LEX Japan is getting ready to send delegate application forms to the US. My job has been to go through the forms and make sure that delegates have adequate health information. Often there is additional information attached in Japanese. One of the women I work with will translate this for me, and then if necessary, I add this to the form. It's a fun job, involving a bit of conscise word crunching. I love the environment in the LEX office, and the best way to describe it is to relate a slight misadventure of mine. On Tuesday morning, I took the subway all by myself. I was okay until I arrived at Shibuya train station. (From Shibuya I walk to the office) Shibuya is a very, very large train station, and I realized that I had no idea which way I should leave (north, south, east, or west). I found...