Skip to main content

Hayley- Let's go fly a Kite

Let's go fly a kite!




This morning I went to a kite making class with my host mom and my 8 year old host brother. It was very fun. I'm not artistic by nature, so I contented myself with drawing a large red "W" on my kite. There were several inquires as to the meaning of "W", to which I explained I'm from Wisconsin.

After finishing, we walked to a park to fly our newly made kites. It was a nice windy day, excellent for flying kites. Wind does have its drawbacks though, and soon we were all cold and very ready to walk home and eat a hot lunch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sama Otsukare!!

Sama お疲れさまですした! 韓国の文化おしえてくれて감사합니다!! Nos vemos en cualquier parte del world!👋💫 Wait for the last Sama blog very soon!  サマのラストーのブログ待って下さい!!👐 Sama,いってらっしゃい!

Hayley- Quick Update

Quick update Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers; this afternoon I made it back to my host family's house. Getting ready to head to bed after a very long day (didn't go to bed last night, but managed to get a 3 hour nap this morning).  

Michael- Arrival in Japan

Arrival In Japan What an experience! I'm Michael Gobin. I will be the 2009-2010 LEX Intern in the Tokyo Office. LEX America has been telling you a lot about me, so I won't take a lot of space on introductions. I will be contributing to this blog a couple times a month over the next year. However, my mentor here in the office is gone on a multi-country adventure for the next week, so I will be spending those days contributing more often. I'll try to paint a picture of what my first few days in Japan have been like. Even though I spent 14 hours on a plane headed to Japan. It wasn't until I took those first steps off the plane that it hit me like I walked through a curtain that I was in Japan. First of all, it was immediately warmer. Kana went from being an equal language in places where it mattered, to everywhere with English only as a back-up in the important areas. Most importantly though, I became completely illiterate and that's when I knew the adventure h...