Skip to main content

Michael- Last Day in the Office

Last Day in the Office

Today is my last day in the Institute for Language Experience, Experiment, and Exchange office here in Tokyo. It has been an amazing year and something I truly will cherish for the rest of my life. I can't believe how quickly these last few months flew by.

My major work this summer has been with the monthlong programs to and from America. It was great to have a chance to bring 4-H delegates to Japan and help them experience life with a Japanese family. Meeting these delegates and planning for they exchange was something I enjoyed so much during this year. I am so proud of everything they tried and how they challenged themselves. I'm sure it is an experience they won't easily forget.

I also got a chance to help prepare the Japanese members for the monthlong programs in America. Whether it was participating in camps, clubs, or just reviewing their paperwork, it was a chance for me to help these delegates in their own preparations. Now that they are safely into their homestay programs, I hope their anxieties have settled and that they are able to truly realize the information I tried to provide them.

I really can't believe that I am leaving Japan in 3 days. At the beginning it might not have, but now Japan definitely has a secure place in my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sama Otsukare!!

Sama お疲れさまですした! 韓国の文化おしえてくれて감사합니다!! Nos vemos en cualquier parte del world!👋💫 Wait for the last Sama blog very soon!  サマのラストーのブログ待って下さい!!👐 Sama,いってらっしゃい!

Maddie- ごちそうさま - Eating Well

ごちそうさま - Eating Well Signs advertising  shirasu , tiny fish famous in Kamakura Today I would like to discuss a topic that is near and dear to my heart...food culture. It`s well known among my friends and family--and heck, probably anyone that I`ve had a substantial conversation with--I absolutely LOVE food. I love cooking, I love eating, I love talking about food, and I love talking about food WHILE eating food...It`s a subject that I never tire of! So naturally, it makes sense that I would hold interest in Japan`s food culture. When I came back in August, I brought with me a desire to taste and learn. Not only did I hope to sample a wide variety of Japanese cuisine, but also to try my own hand at preparing a variety of dishes. Part of the requirements for my visa is some sort of cultural learning. For this reason, American interns are expected to select an aspect of Japanese culture to study. Naturally, I had selected food. In order to fulfill this requirement, I ...

Stephanie-こんにちは!Konnichiwa! Hello!

こんにちは!Konnichiwa! Hello! My host sister Asuka and I in 小えど, Japan Hi everyone!  My name is Stephanie, but in Japan I've already been given the nickname  Su-chan  す-ちゃん    (su from Stephanie since the Japanese pronunciation is su-teh-fah-nee, and -chan is added to the end of a name when you are speaking to a younger person or a friend), so you can call me Su-chan! I am one of the five Hippo interns working in the LEX headquarters office in Tokyo this year. In addition to me, from Wisconsin, the intern team is made up of Tino from Mexico, Sakun and Ken Ken from China, and Hiu-chan from Korea. It's great to have such an international group!    Before coming to Japan I attended the University of Wisconsin and graduated with a degree in fine art. During that time I also worked for Wisconsin 4-H International Programs, which is how I first learned about Hippo through the 4-H/Hippo summer and yearlong exchanges. Last summer I had the opportun...