Skip to main content


モコサです

Añohaseo, Je iro mun Stephanie Juarez eo. Pyulmuo ung Mocosa eo. Mocosa rago plojuseo. Chyl buta turimida. 

Esto es en Coreano. Se lo pueden creer, vine a Japon y pense "a si voy aprender Japones." Peeeero no nomas Japones e aprendido tambien un poco de Coreano, Frances, y mi Español a mejorado. Guau! 
Now I am with my 3rd Host Family. My family consists of my dad, mom, and 3 younger sisters. I currently live in a very 多言語 household. We speak in Spanish, English, Japanese, and at times we throw Portuguese words around.I enjoy spending time with them and they are all very nice. 守屋ファン。いつもありがとう
This is my former Host sister and she is the cutest little human (ちさいひと) ever! She now sends me videos asking me to hang out with her. Or asking me where I am.  Her name is Hana. Ella me llama Macosa, no Mocosa! かわいい beaucoup!めちゃMinion!! Muy Linda!♡ 


Ellos son Mexicanos que conoci en Japon. Uno es Ivan y el otro Iram. They both came to Japan for a year-long exchange. Now Iram is in Japan and Ivan came back to visit. They both told me how funny it was to be in Japan and still be able to speak Spanish. "Es chistoso conocernos en Japon y estar aqui hablando en Español" Y es verdad! Lo increible de Hippo es que no nomas conoces de nuevos idiomas y culturas. Sino haces muchos amigos y te acceptan por quien eres. 
We had our Intern Kondankai yesterday. This is where the interns from different countries get together and talk, to people that join, about the different experiences. Now there are 5 interns from different countries. As shown below. Todos los que pudieron venir y participar Muchas Gracias. Thank you for attending. 

If you would like to watch any of the following interns Kondankai just click on the links below. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sama Otsukare!!

Sama お疲れさまですした! 韓国の文化おしえてくれて감사합니다!! Nos vemos en cualquier parte del world!👋💫 Wait for the last Sama blog very soon!  サマのラストーのブログ待って下さい!!👐 Sama,いってらっしゃい!

Stephanie-こんにちは!Konnichiwa! Hello!

こんにちは!Konnichiwa! Hello! My host sister Asuka and I in 小えど, Japan Hi everyone!  My name is Stephanie, but in Japan I've already been given the nickname  Su-chan  す-ちゃん    (su from Stephanie since the Japanese pronunciation is su-teh-fah-nee, and -chan is added to the end of a name when you are speaking to a younger person or a friend), so you can call me Su-chan! I am one of the five Hippo interns working in the LEX headquarters office in Tokyo this year. In addition to me, from Wisconsin, the intern team is made up of Tino from Mexico, Sakun and Ken Ken from China, and Hiu-chan from Korea. It's great to have such an international group!    Before coming to Japan I attended the University of Wisconsin and graduated with a degree in fine art. During that time I also worked for Wisconsin 4-H International Programs, which is how I first learned about Hippo through the 4-H/Hippo summer and yearlong exchanges. Last summer I had the opportun...

Michael- Arrival in Japan

Arrival In Japan What an experience! I'm Michael Gobin. I will be the 2009-2010 LEX Intern in the Tokyo Office. LEX America has been telling you a lot about me, so I won't take a lot of space on introductions. I will be contributing to this blog a couple times a month over the next year. However, my mentor here in the office is gone on a multi-country adventure for the next week, so I will be spending those days contributing more often. I'll try to paint a picture of what my first few days in Japan have been like. Even though I spent 14 hours on a plane headed to Japan. It wasn't until I took those first steps off the plane that it hit me like I walked through a curtain that I was in Japan. First of all, it was immediately warmer. Kana went from being an equal language in places where it mattered, to everywhere with English only as a back-up in the important areas. Most importantly though, I became completely illiterate and that's when I knew the adventure h...